Academic Extension offers flexible and accessible meeting spaces in the Baker Downtown Center in the heart of Eugene. Located a the corner of 10th and High Street, the BDC is steps away from restaurants, hotels, transportation hubs and centers of government.
Facility rental is open to the public, but activities must be consistent with the interests of the University of Oregon. Facilities can be leased from as little as two hours to a full week, subject to availability.
Four fully accessible rooms are available at the Baker Downtown Center through Academic Extension.
The large hall is approximately 80 x 36 feet and can seat 130 persons theater-style, or sixty-four at tables for two (5 feet x 18 inches).
The hall is divisible into three similarly sized rooms: Alaska, Mexico and Canada. Singly or in room combinations, seating arrangements can be tailored to meet just about any plan.
The BDC also offers The Belize, a private conference room (not shown). An excellent space for staff meetings and small discussion groups, this room also features a POLYCOM teleconferencing system. A round conference table seats up to twelve persons.
All of the rooms have internet access. (See floor plans and sample set-up options.)
An excellent selection of audio and visual equipment can be reserved for your event at no additional charge:
- A ceiling mounted projector for wide screen viewing of videotape and computer generated presentations
- Mac laptop solely for presentation use
- 35mm slide projector
- Whiteboards, overhead projectors and flip chart kits
- Large Screen LCD TV with DVD/VHS setup
- A zoned sound system for any combination of rooms in the main hall
- Wireless microphones (hand-held and hands-free)
- Built-in and portable CD players
- Assisted listening devices
- Free Parking: Adjacent to the BDC, the parking lot is reserved for exclusive use by students, guests and visitors. Parking permits may be requested for your event.
- Food and Beverage: The facilities manager can help arrange all your catering needs. Private arrangements can be made if preferred. Alcohol is strictly forbidden on the premises.
- Area Resources: With our exceptional downtown location, the BDC is near numerous resources and services. Maps and resource guides are provided upon request.
Please contact us for additional information and rental arrangements.